Walter Laake Esq
Greenbelt Maryland Personal Injury Lawyer
Name: Walter Laake
Address: 6404 Ivy Lane #400 [Click For Map]
Our law office is a full service law firm. I primarily do personal injury in all its ramifications.
The law firm was founded in 1968 before I joined the firm. It has been located in Prince george's County throughout its history: from '68 to '75 in Hyattsville, Md, from'75 to'88 in Langley Park, Md., and from '88 to the present in our current location in Greenbelt, Md.
In 2009 we opened a Rockville office now staffed with 11 attorneys.
States Licensed InMaryland and the District of Columbia
Previous Employment Summary
The University of Maryland and its School of Law. I have been with Joseph Greenwald & Laake my entire career.
Activities and Awards
See my web site www.walterlaake.com for honors, awards, positions held, and past verdicts and settlements.
Q & A
See the firm's website www.jgllaw.com
Number of Attorneys:
What is your firm's point of view regarding clients educating themselves on legal issues?:
To paraphrase Sy Sym's commercials in the 1970's: "An educated consumer is our best client".
Are your attorneys willing to review documents prepared by clients?:
Are your attorneys willing to coach clients who want to represent themselves?:
As long as the client is willing to pay us for our time...
Are your attorneys willing to help a client with one discrete part of a case, without taking on the whole case?:
We will do as much or as little as the client requests
What are your policies about dividing work among the firm's partners, associates, and paralegals to make the process most cost-effective for the client?:
We support the use of the least expensive members of the firm whenever posible
How frequently does your firm use mediation, arbitration, or collaborative law to resolve cases?:
Whenever we can as long as the timing makes sense...
Does your firm provide pro bono legal services or otherwise participate in your community?:
What distinguishes your law firm from others?:
One third of our attorneys are recognized by the "Super Lawyers" publication, probably more than any law firm in the area...
Law Office of Walter Laake Esq
Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Law Firm
Walter Laake Esq, Personal Injury Lawyers in Greenbelt Maryland (MD) and information contained on AttorneysDelivered and its associated web sites is provided as a service to the online community. Our goal is to provide quality legal vendor information to help you make a wise decision in your search for legal representation. However, we make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information provided by our listed Attorneys, or the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites.
AttorneysDelivered is primarily concerned with providing the most relevant information, history, and track record for any Personal Injury Lawyer in Greenbelt Maryland. We encourage all legal vendors and service providers to include as much information and history within their profile as possible to help you make an informed decision on which Attorney or Law Firm is best for you.
If you are looking for a Greenbelt Personal Injury Lawyer, your search is over. Should you have any concerns regarding companies or services listed with us, please contact us immediately.
Types of CasesMain Area of Practice: Personal Injury
- Personal injury cases of a substantial nature
- Our firm provides legal services in ALL areas of the law...
Credentials & CasesCourt Admissions
See website - www.walterlaake.com
Association/Professional Organization Memberships:
- In 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 Walter Laake was honored to be included in the prestigious publication Super Lawyers in both its Maryland and Washington, D.C. editions.
- The Washingtonian Magazine has more than once selected Walter Laake as one of the best lawyers in the field of personal injury in the Washington Metropolitan area, one of only six (6) Maryland lawyers so honored.
- Mr. Laake is past President (2004-2005) of the 1200-member Maryland Association for Justice, formerly the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association.
- He has been listed in the Bar Registry of Pre-Eminent Practitioners since 1993.
- Mr. Laake is past President (1996-1997) of the Prince George's County Bar Association.
- He is a Life Member of the 40,000-member American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the only Maryland lawyer so honored.
- Mr. Laake is a member of the nationwide Million Dollar Advocates Forum which is limited to select attorneys who have recovered $1 million or more for their clients.
- Since 1993, he has been awarded the highest rating for legal ability, A, depend as very high to pre-eminent, by the nations largest and oldest legal rating service, Martindale Hubbell.
- Mr. Laake has served for more than 15 years on the Judicial Nominating Commission which interviews and recommends candidates to the governor for appointment to the District and Circuit Courts for the Seventh Judicial Circuit.
- He was selected for membership in Outstanding Lawyers of America which is limited to 100 lawyers from the 31,000 members of the Maryland bar.
- For more than 15 years Mr. Laake has been appointed to serve on the Attorney Grievance Commission’s Peer Review Committee which hears cases of alleged ethical misconduct by members of the bar.
- He was appointed by the Seventh Judicial Circuit to serve on the Bar Advisory Committee for the Civil Differentiated Case Management System subsequently adopted by the Court.
- Mr. Laake was also appointed by the Seventh Judicial Circuit to serve as a Court approved arbitrator/mediator of personal injury cases and has handled more than 100 binding and non-binding arbitrations and mediations over the past several years.
Top Settlements$4.5 million dollar recovery in 2010 for a brain damaged youngster..
The hospital resident on call failed to respond to a nurses call causing an infant's blood sugar level to fall and remain at precipitously low levels for an extended period of time...
FeesFree Initial Consultation?: Yes
Works Pro Bono?: Yes
Works on Contingency?: Yes
Typical Retainer: Contingency Fee